Other Ways To Request Your Repeat Prescriptions
As phone lines are busy, please contact your pharmacy to request your prescriptions, as they can do this for you electronically. You can also post/deliver/email a request with your:
- Date of Birth
- Address along with the name of your medication
- Name of your nominated pharmacy (no collection of printed prescriptions at present)
You can pop this request through the letter box at the surgery via the red side door or you can email your request to: M81002.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Do Not!
- Ask our care navigators for your prescription to be re-issued if the Lloyds pharmacy is closed. Unfortunately we are not part of this pharmacy and cannot deal with their calls and queries.
- Request your prescription after 16:00pm. Anything after this time is followed up the next working day.
Please allow up to 72 hours for us to process your request.
Urgent Prescription Requests
Due to the quantity of emergency prescriptions we are being asked to process, the GPs have outlined the following, for urgent requests.
- It is a patient’s responsibility to order medication before running out.
Elgar House GP’s will only issue urgent prescriptions for certain medications e.g inhalers, epilepsy medication etc.
- All other medication requests are dealt within 72 hours.
- A request received before 12:00pm will be handled, by the following working day.
- Medications can be requested up to 1 week ahead in most cases.
- Please make sure you or your pharmacy order in plenty of time.
Patients on repeat medication will need to see either a doctor or nurse practitioner once a year, to review regular medications.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask our care navigators to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) form
All patients who are on HRT need to have a review three months after starting and every twelve months thereafter (sooner if required).
It is important to keep up with your annual reviews and this can be as easy as completing a questionnaire.
As you may have discussed with one of our clinicians, please complete the form here- HRT form.docx. Please return to us via email AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOUR NEXT PRESCRIPTION IS DUE.
The NHS has now made available the option of purchasing a HRT prepayment certificate at a cost of £19.30 for 12 months and can be purchased via https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/help-nhs-prescription-costs/nhs-hormone-replacement-therapy-prescription-prepayment-certificate-hrt-ppc
This card will cover all prescriptions for HRT medications (if included in the criteria listed on the website above) issued during this 12 month period.
Before purchasing, kindly check that your medications are included in the eligibility criteria.
When requesting your prescription, please ensure you request them to be issued on a separate prescription to the rest of your medications (if this applies). This also applies if someone else orders on your behalf.