Repeat Prescriptions during Covid-19 Pandemic
To request a prescription: Our phone lines are extremely busy so please contact your pharmacy to request your prescriptions as they can do this for you electronically. Alternately you can post/deliver/email a request with your:
- Date of Birth
- Address along with the name of your medication
- Name of your nominated pharmacy (no collection of printed prescriptions at this time)
You can pop this request through the letter box at Elgar House via the red side door should you decide to hand deliver this or you can email your request to: M81002.email@example.com
Repeat Prescriptions after COVID -19 Pandemic
If your doctor has approved you for repeat prescriptions you can order them in a number of ways:
- In Person - by ticking the items you require on the repeat slip and dropping it in the box at reception.
- By Post - enclosing a self-addressed stamped envelope for its return.
- Online – via the link at the top of this page. You must be registered for online services to be able to use this service. See section opposite.
- Pharmacy - if you have your prescriptions electronically sent to a pharmacy, please contact them and they can place the order for you.
Please allow up to 48 hours for us to process your request.
Urgent Prescription Requests
Due to the number of emergency prescriptions the surgery are being asked to process the GPs have had to change the rules regarding what can be requested as an urgent prescription.
- It is a patient’s responsibility to order medication before running out.
- From 2nd October, Elgar House GP’s will only issue urgent prescriptions for certain medications eg inhalers, epilepsy medication etc.
- All other medication requests will be dealt with within 48 hours.
- A request received before 11.30am will be dealt with by 4.30pm the following working day.
- Medications can be requested up to 1 week ahead in most cases.
- Please make sure you or your pharmacy order in plenty of time.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
For prescription queries please call the surgery and select option 2. This line is open from 09:00-11:00. Please note, we do not take requests for medication over the telephone. This line is for queries only.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see either a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications.