Quit with help
Everyone has a different reason for quitting, get a personalised Quit Smoking Plan.
Stoptober is the annual campaign based on research, that if smokers make it to 28 days smoke free, they are five times more likely to quit for good. Find a combination of quit-smoking tools and support that’s right for you to quit this October. https://www.nhs.uk/better-health/
- In Stoptober’s 10th year, join the thousands of people who stop smoking and start doing so much more. Quit for 28 days and you’re five times more likely to quit for good.
- Smoking damages the lungs and airways, making it harder to breathe. Each cigarette fills our lungs with toxins which harm the immune system and leave us more vulnerable to infections.
- It’s never too late to quit – stopping smoking brings immediate benefits to health, including for people with an existing smoking-related disease
- Over 6 million adults in England smoke, and it is the leading preventable cause of premature death, causing almost 75,000 deaths a year.
- In 2021, the average smoker can save £5.21 a day, £36.47 a week, £156.30 a month and £1,875.60 a year by stopping smoking.
- This year, England is ready to quit smoking with an 83% increase in calls to the National Smokefree Helpline compared to the same period (January - July) in 2020.